Friday, July 13, 2012

back to work

| | 2 comments


Today I went thrifting and picked up a haul of new clothes and I thought to myself, what better way to make a return to blogging? 


More bottoms even though I told myself I would stop buying them...


Got a pink floral kimono and a cute bustier/corset top that I love but my boyfriend will probably really hate. 


 So I lugged out my tripod, dusted it off and set it up for the first time in a long time. I even put away my hatred for using tripods and finally got some pictures. Please ignore the crappy quality though... they were taken inside where the lighting isn't that great. (I will not change into like six different outfits outside, in the public, behind a bush. Nor will I run in and out of the building six times to change. No.. I refuse to. ): ) 



Navy blue dress with embroidered patterns. To keep or not to keep? I'm so fussy with my purchases, but if you don't really love it I guess it's not really worth it right? 
But it's SO cute and makes my boobs look fantastic... mhm... girl problems. 
(oops forgot my mom reads this sometimes... awks) 


Thrifted - Black Bustier Top 
Thrifted - Mint skirt


Why is it blurry, you may ask? 
NO, it's not because of my inferior photography skills or lack of common sense.
It's the tripod, I tell you. All the tripod. 



Black bustier top once again & thrifted pants. 
Thinking about whether or not I should keep them the way they are or tailor them. They're a little baggy? But tailoring is a lot of work. Maybe I should just cut them into shorts? 
I love the possibilities of summer. I can just do things. 


I didn't think too much of this pink kimono in the store but after I tried it on at home I fell in love with it. 
You know that thing they say about how it looks best in the store?
It is a LIE. 
Or maybe things just don't look that good in the Salvation Army mirror. Humm... 



I found my new favourite pair of shorts for $2 today. They need a bit of tailoring but otherwise they're honestly like comfy high-waisted denimy perfection. 


Also got this cute little polka dot dress but I think it's going back to the store. 
Not really my style? Makes me feel so young... 


And finally, I picked up these cargo pants which you cannot see the details of cause of my crappy hallway lighting but I swear they're actually really nice. 
They're the only thing from my haul that is not thrifted. I got these last week from a store called 3f Fashions. A couple months ago I won this competition for a university fashion show called Mass Exodus (have I blogged about this? No? What have I been doing with my life?) and I got this gift bag filled with really awesome stuff and one of the things in the bag was a 50$ gift card for this store. 
So I finally checked it out last minute (like a week before it expires) and thank God I did because when I did everything was 50% off so it was like having a 100$ gift card, who says the life of a procrastinator does not pay off? 

Anyways, the cool thing about the store is that it was started up by a graduate of Ryerson University which is in downtown Toronto, and she designs everything in the store. I think it's just cool because it gives hope to all of us students who are like BUT SUCCESS IS SO HARD AND IMPOSSIBLE. But it's really not, it's completely achievable. 

It was interesting checking out the store and I also got these pants for 50% off, YES cheap nice stuff is the best nice stuff. I plan to go back tomorrow because like my gift card expires the day after... (ahah, can you believe some people actually think I've got it all together all the time?) 


I also reorganized and cleaned up my work table so I can do lots in the summer and next year. It is the crunch time of my life... University applications coming soon and portfolios need to be completed. 


I know it's been forever since I've blogged about anything and I've actually been meaning to return to it for a long time but the busyness of life just kept me from it. But I'm totally back now.. after a 3 month hiatus? Damn... 

Anyways, now that I'm done school I'm ready to blog again at full force. I also have many personal projects that I'll be working on and blogging about. It feels so nice to be able to just do my own things again, I've been wanting this all school year. 




DAYUM. LOOK AT ALL THOSE PICTURES. I have not only conquered my fear of tripods, but also my laziness. 
PSH, that wasn't as hard as I remembered. 
Okay no honestly though, any Toronto bloggers out there? I'm not desperate or anything, I just think it would be totally amazing to do photoshoots with you, instead of with my sad abused tripod. 

On a last and final note. Deepest apologies to my followers & people I follow. 
I've still been reading blogs, just been too busy to keep in the community and blog myself. 
But I'm back now and I'll be posting more frequently. 

xo 
Lydia Lemieux 




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you're back!! :D
    These aren't crappy at all! They're lovely shots :) I think the blue dress with patterns is such a keeper, you could wear it out to a music festival or just for spring with a floppy hat! The black bustier is such an amazing find! ANd it looks like it fits you like a charm as well! I'm finding it so hard to comprehend how you managed to find such a tailored pant in a thrift store! They give such a lovely silhouette! Hmm, I suppose you could tailor them into shorts, but either way, the structure on it is great already so you wouldn't have to fuss up on too much! I completely understand the mirror thing... I actually don't find clothes better looking in store mirrors because they're so in-your-face and you're not able to walk around freely in a changing cubicle haha, but that kimono is so delicate and flowy! I love the bat-wing arms! I really am envious over the green shorts, must be my favourite item you've thrifted thus far, they are incredible! The polkadot dress looks so cute on you! You could wear it to a casual-formal get-together or something, but if you do decide to return it, at least you had a bried encounter with it already. Oh wow, a $50 gift card! HAHA you certainly have such luck in your life, further discounting and a giftcard, what more could a girl want? Your work table looks so neat and organized, mine is sprawled with paint and pencils everywhere! Can't wait for more of your great posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yes i am! :)
    aww thanks for lying to me <3 haha yeahh i'm still debating on the dresses :(
    it's amazing what you can find in thriftstores! i think i have a bit of luck when it comes to this kind of stuff, just love the things i find :)
    haha yupp i'm a lucky girll. my work table is not clean! it's really messy too.. it's only somewhat presentable cus i just cleaned it . :)
    yayy thanks for sticking with me, love you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
seventeen year old toronto based art & design student.
Soli Deo Gloria. Powered by Blogger.
 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance